Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Birthday Reflection


Birthday--- Every year, it seems to be the same day. However, many things can be happening. As of press time, it is my birthday here in the United States (5:17 AM) and my birthday in the Philippines (8:17 PM). This year, the theme for my birthday is about gratefulness. I am thankful to all the blessings that have come to me for the past 22 years, and am looking forward to the 23rd year. Moreover, the few friendships I have got along the way seemed to be beyond compare. I can only say: “the best is yet to come.” I already quoted Thomas Jefferson, and I am doing it again: "The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family." I would respectfully add “friends” to the quotation. I might have experienced loss in the past .For instance, Tita Lorie, my aunt who died from breast cancer complications last February 2004, is not here anymore to embark on this journey of life. Loss can be crippling, but I can certainly count on the memories to cheer me up, and the example she gave regarding the ability of the person to achieve the best he/she can be---- she established Bulacan Montessori School and the institution continues to nurture young minds. Moreover, who is to say she is not staying with the one she loves? To reiterate, I am thankful for this day, and since many things can be happening, it would be wise to go forth and be productive to the superlative degree.

Work Cited:
Photo Source: http://www.alohadq.com/ Posted by Hello

No comments: